Completely Uninstall Bitdefender Total Security with Effective Instructions
Unable to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security from PC? Take the best way on this page to remove it successfully on your personal computer.
Bitdefender Total Security is a Windows system security program that developed by the well-known Bitdefender company. The software could be downloaded from its official website (www.bitdefender.com) as well as other reputable download resources like download.cnet.com.
The program's installer includes many files for ensuring the smooth running of the program on the computer, besides, auto-start registry entries are also added to the system to make the application operate automatically when people log-in the computer. And generally, when you have Bitdefender Total Security installed on the PC, many of its installed files, registries and other data will be added to the computer as well.
Common removing issues of Bitdefender Total Security
- Program cannot be found available on Windows removing feature
- Can't find a specific uninstall process to remove Bitdefender Total Security
- All of traces of the program cannot be removed well
- Removing process takes a long time and still not finish yet
- Removing process crash and display an error notification
To avoid the annoying removing steps and unsuccessful removal, you should be clear the right way to remove this program from Windows system, and if you don't want the traces to be left behind, you should take a complete removal for the program on your computer. To completely uninstall this Bitdefender product, you can follow the instructions given in the following content
How can uninstall Bitdefender Total Security from the computer smoothly
Remove it quickly and thoroughly with Total Uninstaller
Performing an automatic removal is definitely the best way to get rid of a program from the computer, and luckily, a professional uninstall utility can help you complete the whole program removal quickly on the PC, and there is no any complex removing step upon the removal. Among the app removal utilities available online, Total Uninstaller could be a good choice for you to totally remove Bitdefender Total Security from computer.
Removal guides to uninstall the program with Total Uninstaller
- Download and install Total Uninstaller
- Choose Bitdefender Total Security on the remover's interface, and click on Run Analysis
- Click Complete Uninstall, and Yes to start the removing process
- Complete the first step of removal with instructions, and then follow the prompt to restart your computer
- After that, please launch Total Uninstaller again, you will see the following interface
- Click on Review all the leftovers, and remove them completely
- When the removal is completed, you will get a message which states that the program has been successfully removed from your computer.
Alternative: uninstall Bitdefender Total Security manually on PC
As Windows system itself provides the removing feature for the user, you can choose to perform the program removal with the Windows uninstaller on your computer, however, it is usually unable to remove all the traces of the program, so you have to clear the leftovers manually leaving on the PC.
Windows uninstall feature's name in different systems:
- Add/remove programs (Windows XP)
- Uninstall a program (Windows 7)
- Programs and Features (Windows 8/8.1/10)
Removing instructions in details to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security
- Go to the desktop, and click on the Windows button at the bottom left corner
- Select Programs and Features which is the first item on the menu
- Locate Bitdefender Total Security on the list of programs, and click on Uninstall/Change
- Click OK to activate the removing process
- Click on Remove button on the left side to start the removal
- Wait for the removing process completed, and then click on "RESTART MY COMPUTER"
- After rebooting your PC, open the Windows' search box
- Type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor of the system
- Expand and check the registry keys inside
- Delete the registry keys belongs to the Bitdefender Total Security
Note: many registries storing in the Registry Editor are important system registries that cannot be removed from the computer. If you are not sure which one you should delete, it is advised to export the file you tend to delete as a backup, so that you can restore it instantly when problems occur after removing the registry. As you can see that taking this traditional way to totally uninstall Bitdefender Total Security would requires much more time and effort, and it is even a risky job especially when you need to remove something from the Registry Editor.