Do you want to uninstall MAME from Windows for some reasons of the program's performance? Or just need to remove some apps for freeing up the limited computer space? Here are some how-to guides that can support you perform a complete removal for the application.
MAME is an open-source emulator that can recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on user's PCs or other platforms for free. With this program, people can preserve their gaming histories and avoid being lost or forgotten for some reasons. It is available for different operating systems like Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, Amiga, etc.
Common removal problems of the program
- MAME does not appear on the programs list on Windows removing panel
- The program always cannot be removed thoroughly and still leaves on the associated folders
- Some files of the app are too stubborn to be removed by the people
- There is no a specific uninstall executable file in the program's installation folder
- Don't know how to perform an effective removal for the application
Available guides and options to uninstall MAME
Option 1 – remove with Windows Apps and Features
- Close all of your web browsers and stop MAME running on the computer
- Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner, and select Apps and Features/ Programs and Features
- Check the programs list, and select MAME if you can find it on the list
- Click on Uninstall under the app's name
- And then, follow the uninstall wizard to complete the standard program removal
- After that, restart the computer system to get a refresh, and then click on the search box on the task bar
- Type "regedit" in the box, and hit Enter to open system Registry Editor
- Browse the registry groups and delete those registry entries belonging to the MAME
- Go to see whether all of files contained in the associated folder have been removed, and manually remove them when some related files/data still can be found
Option 2 – delete it in the roms folder
Sometimes people might cannot find the program available on the programs list of Windows Apps and Features, in this case, you can try to find out and delete all of files with the program in the roms folder. If you are not familiar with this removal way or still cannot remove MAME with this method, you can consider to take another way to uninstall it.
Option 3 – uninstall MAME by Total Uninstall
Besides the traditional and manual removal, taking a professional uninstall tool is another way which is more popular in nowadays to remove the applications. Different from taking the time-consuming and incomplete standard removal on the computer, the smart utility can help you to scan all related files with the program, and enable users to delete them thoroughly with a few of seconds. Therefore, to uninstall MAME, you also can take an advanced removal tool like Total Uninstaller.
Specific guides and tutorials to remove MAME:
- Get a latest version of Total Uninstaller on your computer, and register it
- Find and select MAME on the interface, and click on Run Analysis
- Next, click on Complete Uninstall to start the uninstallation
- Finish the first stage of removal with instructions, and then click on Scan Leftovers button
- Hit Delete Leftovers button to delete all of leftover files from the computer, especially those registry entries in computer's system registry
- When complete, click OK to finish the removal, and then reboot the computer.