Unable to uninstall Flipboard on your PC? Still waiting for an effective solution to remove this program completely from Windows? Maybe the following uninstall instructions are what you are looking for, and help you to figure it out.
Know more about Flipboard
Flipboard is a news tool that aggregates different kinds of content from news feeds, social media, photo sharing sites and other platform to a magazine format. People can easily access and read them in magazine format, and also save the stories they like into the Flipboard magazines.
Difficulties of removing Flipboard
- Cannot find where it is on the computer
- Windows uninstaller leaves some leftovers and traces on the PC after uninstalling the program
- Unable to find a specific Flipboard uninstall process in its installation folder
- Computer still prompts that the program is still on the PC
- The app always tries to start-up even though people have been removed it
To get a successful removal for the application, you should make sure the program has been totally stopped running on the computer before starting the removal. More importantly, it is necessary to remove all files and registry keys of the program from PC.
Tips and guides to uninstall Flipboard on PC
1. Traditional removal – take Windows Apps and Features
- Stop Flipboard on the computer, if you are not sure whether it is still running at the background, you can open Task Manager (enter Ctrl + Alt + Del), and then stop the associated process of the program
- Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner, and select Apps and Features
- Select Flipboard on the programs list, and then click on Uninstall button
- Follow the removal instructions to finish the standard removal on the Windows uninstaller, and then restart the computer to refresh the whole system
- Click on Search on the start menu, and type "regedit"
- Choose to open the regedit or Registry Editor on your PC, and delete those registry entries belonging to the Flipboard
- Try access to the previous installation folder of the program, and make sure it has been deleted from the computer
- If you also store the app's files on other locations, you should also erase them completely
2. Take manual removal for the program
Generally, there is a specific uninstall process in the app's installation folder, through which people can remove Flipboard manually from Windows.
- Open the installation folder of Flipboard, and check its installed files and folders
- Find and locate its uninstall process, double-click to start it
- Finish the app removal with uninstall set-up prompt
- Reboot the computer as the first method, and then check and clean all related files of the application on associated folders as well as the System Registry
3. Uninstall Flipboard with Total Uninstaller
To get a faster and complete removal for the program, it is also suggested to use Total Uninstaller, which is a smart app removal tool that performs a strong removal for unwanted program. For more details about how to remove Total Uninstaller with this uninstaller, you can check the following guides:
- Launch Total Uninstaller on your computer, and highlight Flipboard 's icon on the menu
- Click on Run Analysis, and you will find that all of associated files will be listed on the interface
- Click on Complete Uninstall, and click Yes to make sure you want to uninstall Flipboard
- Click Yes again to start the removal, after the removing process, click on Scan Leftovers
- Click on Delete Leftovers, and Yes to clean all of its remnants
- Click OK to finish the removal, and exit Total Uninstaller, restart your PC
Since additional registry entries are created by the program additionally for supporting its automatic start-up on the computer, it is very necessary to clean them thoroughly if you want to totally uninstall Flipboard from the computer.