Uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved Completely with Reliable App Removal Guides
Halo: Combat Evolved is a popular gaming application that developed by Bungie and published by Microsoft Game Studios, it is a first-person alien shooter video game available for Windows OS, and today, we are not going to talk about is it Halo 1 or how many mission in this game, but focus on the way to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved if you need to remove it for some reasons.
When you firstly installed Halo: Combat Evolved, you would find that it just took some time to finish the whole installation on the computer for the size of the game, in order to support the effective performance of the application, many files, data and configurations would be created and set on the computer. In addition, more and more files would be created when playing this game on PC. So it's hard to count and list how many files of Halo: Combat Evolved on the computer, and what they are; but the only thing we can be sure is it would be a big problem when there is a need to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved someday.
Do you need to remove Halo: Combat Evolved now for some reasons? Such as you don't want to play this game anymore, or need to reinstall it for encountering an internal error of the game. When start to uninstall the program, what's the first step or first way you would take to remove it? Stop the the program? Or open the Control Panel directly to start the removal? It has been proved that people would get troubles and removing issues if taking the incorrect or incomplete removal steps to get rid of Halo: Combat Evolved. So now, maybe it's time to learn the right way to remove this gaming application, either manually or automatically.
Learn how to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved smoothly from PC
Manual option: remove everything of the game on computer
Windows OS itself provides the removing feature to delete unwanted items on the computer, to perform this way of removal, you should stop the program firstly, and then conduct the program removal on the computer manually. So, remember to be patient and perform the removing steps carefully to avoid any removing error.
Step 1: stop the program running on PC
When you are still launching the game on your computer, please exit it before you start the removal.
Step 2: uninstall the program
- Right-click on the Windows button, select Programs and Features
- Find Halo: Combat Evolved on the list, and highlight it
- Click on the Uninstall to start the removal
- If you wanna completely remove Halo: Combat Evolved, please enable the checkbox beside "Remove saved games and profiles", and click OK
- Click OK again when you are told that the program has been uninstalled successfully
- Restart your computer
Step 3: clean its leftovers - registry keys and other stubborn files
- When back to your computer system again, please go to activate the computer's search box
- Type "regedit" in the box, and open the Registry Editor on your system
- Expand the groups of registry keys inside, and delete the one which is belonging to the Halo: Combat Evolved application (if you are afraid of deleting the wrong file, you can export the specific file for back-up)
- Close the Editor when you finish
- Check the installation folder, and delete everything inside the folder if they are not cleaned up from the PC.
Note, there are usually two items installed with the Halo: Combat Evolved on the computer: GameSpy Arcade,MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK; if you don't need them in the future, you can also choose to remove them on the computer to save the system space.
Automatic option: take Total Uninstaller to remove Halo: Combat Evolved more quickly
Do you want a way to handle the program removal more effectively so that you can finish the whole removal more quickly? Total Uninstaller can help you, it is an app uninstall utility that available for removing installed applications on the computer, for sure, including the Halo: Combat Evolved, it is able to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved as well as those stubborn files with its advanced removing technology, and you will get the complete removal in a few of minutes.
Instructions to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved with Total Uninstaller
- Download and install Total Uninstaller
- Choose Halo: Combat Evolved on the remover's interface, and click on Run Analysis
- Click Complete Uninstall, and Yes to start the removing process
- Complete the first step of removal with instructions
- After that, click on Scan Leftovers, and remove all of detected remnant files on the computer
- When the removal is completed, you can exit the Total Uninstaller
Video presentation also show you how can remove the game:
Want to get the tool to uninstall Halo: Combat Evolved for a try? You can download the uninstaller from here: